depends on the college, but probably no.
- Receive the assignment: Read the instructions, look over the rubric, ask your teacher about any questions you might have
- Make a plan: Map out your project. Set deadlines and little goals to get things done without all the stress
- Budget your time wisely: When is the project due? Do you have other obligations that may make it difficult for you to finish your project on a set date?
- Do your research! Make sure you know what you’re talking about!
- Create a research outline: Take organized, color coded notes! It’ll make it a lot easier to write the essay
- Write a rough draft: Use all your good notes to write a rough draft
- Have a peer edit: Ask a respected peer to edit your paper! Or, if possible, get your teacher to look it over and see any improvements it might need
- Edit and create a final draft: Take their edits into consideration, and create your final draft
- Hand it in!
don’t stress hun!! :(
I can’t really help you with which common app essay is “the best”. In my opinion, I have one that I really liked and one I could work with, but that’s different for everyone! Tell YOUR story. just sit down with a cup of tea or something and think about it. You still have time, it could take a day, or two, or a week before you come up with something worth writing. but make sure it’s YOU. I can’t tell you what’s you. ;)
if you’re still stressed and want to come off anon and talk to me about stuff, I can do that too, and maybe help you out a bit more. <3
I took AP Psych! It’s not difficult at all. (: get a princeton review book and just read through it… seriously, I think that’s all you really need to prep well for the exam!! (:
what do you consider sophomore AP courses? (: I know different schools do different courses at different times.
it’s nothing like AP Calc. c: just because you do well in Calc doesn’t mean you’ll do well in stats… and vice versa.
I don’t know about self studying it, to be honest. I really enjoyed the class. I think you may find yourself slightly surprised on what you’re actually studying if you self study. I would recommend taking the actual class.
Sorry for how late this. I procrastinated really badly *shameful face*
If you have any requests for posts or questions leave them in my ask!
hey kids, wanna hear a spooky story?
the college application process
financial aid offices
COMMON APP ERRORS
A D U L T H O O D
Omg im sorry :(
Sometimes I just get swamped with them >.> I’m really trying to do better, though…
Will you mind asking again? Or off anon, so I can answer it for reals?
Just do tons of practice tests! I’m an SAT gal, but there’s NO reason why you shouldn’t be able to get a 28 if you do several practice tests (timing is crucial… so make sure you take these practice tests in a testing situation!!)
There are *always*, *always* going to be teachers like that, unfortunately! :/ I know it’s super hard to read the textbook… maybe check out the Crashcourse biology videos on YT, or maybe THIS. I would really, really try to read the textbook. Maybe you can have a conversation with your teacher as well about this? Maybe ask for some extra resources. They don’t always turn out 100% the way you want… but this year I talked to my AP Euro teacher about some problems I was having with the class and it almost immediately changed. It’s DEFINITELY worth a try.
I wish you the best of luck!
An August pep talk for anyone returning to school soon. I would also recommend buying a pretty new planner so that you can organize all your responsibilities, I promise it helps loads xx